Subject: Re: Status with INN 1.4 and NetBSD 1.0
To: Gerald C. Simmons <darykon!simmons@nwnexus.wa.com>
From: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/19/1995 21:52:16
I have this patch in rnews:

smerdon: $diff rnews.c.orig rnews.c
41c41
< STATIC char   UNPACK[] = "news-unpack";
---
> STATIC char   UNPACK[] = "uncompress";

I seem to recall that the old compress checks to see if is called as
compress or uncompress to know what to do.  It also knew what to do when
called as "news-unpack".  So instead of patching compress, I patched rnews.

>message 'news-unpack: unknown program name.' Well I climbed into gdb to

That is coming from the compress program.

Try a `strings compress` and see if news-unpack shows up.

--
John D. Smerdon;  Plymouth, Michigan, USA;  Contents are my opinion.
Home: jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us