Subject: Strugling with INN 1.4 under NetBSD 1.0
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gerald C. Simmons <darykon!simmons@nwnexus.wa.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/16/1995 09:01:42
I've been running INN 1.4 under NetBSD 0.9a for most of a year now. My
newsfeed is a service provider sending stuff over UUCP. I'm now trying
to get it to run under NetBSD 1.0. I've rebuilt the world and re-installed
it, but when rnews executes from uuxqt, none of the articles get processed.

syslog:
Mar 16 08:52:21 darykon innd: localhost:16 closed seconds 0 accepted 0 refused 0 rejected 0

I have UU_MACHINE defined for user root and news. I've tried .domainname and
without. I even tried starting over with a fresh install, but innd won't start.

syslog:
Mar 15 19:35:43 darykon innd: /usr/local/news/history cant dbminit ME No such file or directory

Any ideas!

Gerry Simmons
simmons@darykon.wa.com