Subject: What is this message saying?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sam Drinkard <sam@wa4phy.async.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/14/1995 21:05:47
I have gotten this message almost every turnover of the syslog.  Somebody
please tell me how to stop it!

Also, get the same (text) when trying to post from nn. Then it bombs out,
but that's another story.

Here's the message

Date: Sun, 12 Mar 1995 22:00:04 -0500
From: root (Cron Daemon)
To: root
Subject: Cron <root@wa4phy> /usr/bin/newsyslog

instbin: compress not compiled in
 bad144 cat chmod chown chgrp chroot cp dd df disklabel ed expr fsck ftp gawk
 awk gzip gzcat gunzip ifconfig init halt ln ls mkdir mknod more mount
 mount_cd9660 cd9660 mount_msdos msdos mount_nfs nfs mv newfs ping pwd reboot
 rm route sed sh -sh shutdown slattach strings stty sync tar test [ tip umount
 update instbin

Second question, same thing..  during the install process, is there a file
somewhere that contains all the binaries that are installed?  ( I fudged a
bit on the install, only got a kernel copied and then dumped the previous
filesystem off of tape)

Thanks..

-sam-