Subject: Linux doom computability mode on NetBSD 1.0
To: frank , netbsd-help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/13/1995 10:40:00
I added the linux compatibility code portion to my NetBSD 1.0 (not current)
src tree, I added
option COMPAT_LINUX
configure, make depend, make, installed the new kernel etc.
 followed the rest of the instructions posted by Frank (very clean and good,
I might add) on adding the /emul/linux directories.

I did, however, deviate in two places.
1) Frank mentioned using libc.so.4.6.27 I used libc.so.4.5.26.
2) I don't have a lot of space on my 15 meg root partition, so I put the
emul/linux directory under /usr and make a link to the root.

But when I try to run linuxxdoom I get...
linuxxdoom: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.

Arggggggg!

Okay, am I correct in assuming the NetBSD 1.0 tree wont work with this new
mode?  Do I have to use current?

thanks,
jam

*       John A. Maier          * Research Assistant For Datastorm    *
* E-mail: johnam@datastorm.com * Technologies Inc. (Procomm Plus)    *
* AOL:    BigJohnAM@aol.com    * (314) 443-3283                      *