Subject: Re: trying to install NetBSD 1.0/i386 on an IBM ThinkPad 750
To: Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/12/1995 18:19:01
Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>  wrote:
 > System: TP750, 810 MB hard disk from Sigma Data, 20Mb memory
 > (4 built-in + 16Mb credit card), Dock I docking station
 > with wd8003e ethernet card in the isa slot in the dock.
 >
 > Symptoms: the system gets wedged for no apparent reason.  This often
 > happens at the same place during installation.  For instance, with

FWIW, I installed 1.0 a while back on a 755C (I think that's what it
was) and it went flawlessly and just ran... It even went down to
New Orleans for a trade-show and survived a pack of sales-creatures
pounding on it for a few days as part of a product demo...

I didn't have a docking port. Just the box and a slip-link at 115200.

YMMV.