Subject: Re: Problems with 1.0?, actually Wine.
To: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@aac.accurate-automation.com>
From: Brandon Reed <reed@reedb.rhn.orst.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/02/1995 01:37:23
On Wed, 1 Mar 1995, Brad Colbert wrote:

>    Hey, has anyone tried WINE, the windows emulator.  Not that I'm a windows
>    person, I would just like to play around with it.

It's an impressive effort but it still doesn't run many applications.
I figure that when it gets to the point where it'll run MS-office apps  I'll
probably never boot DOS again. :)

If you want here's where to get the source:
Ack, I have to open Mosaic to get it. :)
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/ALPHA/wine/
It usually has compiled out of the box, there is a newsgroup where you
can ask questions if it doesn't. :)

Unfortunately most of the development is being done with linux in mind so
there's lots of linux-specific code in things like:
#ifdef linux
 Something really neat and useful
 but incompatible with other OS'es
#endif

Alaric,           | Archery: A deeply seated hatred of paper with bright
Mka Brandon Reed  |  coloured circles printed on it.
reed@engr.orst.edu|
http://www.engr.orst.edu:80/~reed