Subject: Re: Motif libraries, who sells them for NetBSD i386?
To: David Brownlee <D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk>
From: None <curfman@cards.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/02/1995 10:00:28

> 	Does anyone know the regulation for distributing the libraries, or
> 	statically linked executables fom motif?
>
> 	We've got a dev kit for Motif 1.2.4 (I think) at city, & if its
> 	legal I wouldnt mind compiling up some stuff for people...
>
> 	Gotta wait till I get the i386 netbsd up - running sparc at the
> 	mo but my 486 notebook is in the mail :)
>
> 		David

David,
   According to the company I bought my Motif Imp from - you CANNOT
   distribute the libraries but can release (sell) products with
   statically linked libraries.

   You will need to buy a special implemenation of the libraries for
   NetBSD ($149).

hope this helped

--
Brian Curfman
Strictly Business Computer Systems, Inc.