Subject: Problems with 1.0?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@aac.accurate-automation.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/01/1995 17:52:52
   Hi folks,

   Just upgraded to 1.0, ROCK ON!  I like the speed!

   Anyways, I havn't gotten away with this scott-free though (and I didn't
   expect to).  I upgraded using a remotely mounted disk at work (I usualy
   keep my PC at home), and needless to say I had to change my IP address to
   match the addresses at work.  After the upgrade I tried to change the IP
   address back to my orginal, and all HECK broke loose.  I changed the IP
   address in /etc/hosts and made sure it was correct on hostname.ed0
   but doen't seem to like it, I couldn't even ping my own machine?  After
   this mess I changed it back to the address I used for the upgrade and
   everything seemed to be ok?  WHERE is the IP address stored now?

   Also, I've installed XFree86 3.(newest) and seem to be having problems
   compiling rxvt? (I may have a lame version), any ideas?

   Hey, has anyone tried WINE, the windows emulator.  Not that I'm a windows
   person, I would just like to play around with it.

   Anyways thanks...

   Brad

--
-| bcolbert@aac.accurate-automation.com |----------------------------------
|                       Where you come from is gone,                      |