Subject: Problems with Generic AHA V1.0 Release
To: None <Netbsd-Help@NetBSD.ORG, Scott.Burns@Labatt.Com, Scott.Charlton@Labatt.Com>
From: Scott Burns <BURNS@Eisner.DECUS.Org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/23/1995 10:16:36
I am trying to install this onto a DECstation 325c and there are a few
problems. The machine has 8MB RAM, 200 IDE,1.44 floppy and 1.2 floppy
and a VGA card. This will be a NetBSD only machine so the disk is 100%
a NetBSD partition. (I ran scandisk surface analysis on it twice before
starting, it's clean).

Before the install running MSD (MicroSloth Diagnostics) it reports 2 more
cyl. on the drive than NetBSD does at bootup. I tried using the NetBSD # for
the install.

During the install it complains of:

"fd0a: soft error writing fsbn 56 or 56-63"

The numbers change on this one. Would this be a dirty floppy drive ? Why is
it writing to my inst-10.fs diskette ? I ran scandisk against a couple of
floppies and it came out ok.

Upon bootup I get a:

"pcprobe: reset error 4"

Then it continues along fine.

After bootup I get a:

"inetd[77]: pmap_set: 100001 1 17 1024 Address already in use"

I think the 77 changes but I can't be sure.

Now all is running fine but periodically we get:

"/netbsd: arpresolve can't allocate llinfo"

I found this one in the mailing lists archive of help and I didn't really
see a fix stated in there.

Any ideas where to start looking ?

scott
burns@eisner.decus.org