Subject: /dev/audio hangs
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <aellwood@MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/03/1995 14:59:36
Hi, I'm trying to get /dev/audio to work with my SB16 card.  I
configured a device line for sb0 in my kernel which is recognized
during boot.  I also make a pseudo-device audio (following the example
of the PATEK kernel config file).  I MAKEDEVed a /dev/audio, which I
verifed is readable and writable by me.

However when I get a .au file and try "cat foo.au > /dev/audio" it
hangs eternally.  I can't control-C the cat and if I try to kill -1
it, it gets the E flag in ps but never actually exits and hangs my
xterm permanently.  It also has the I flag.

Any ideas?  I've never tried to use /dev/audio before so I may be
doing something really silly.

Alexandra Ellwood
(aellwood@mit.edu)