Subject: SUP binary on un-patched 1.0?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <r-boni@uiuc.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/30/1994 09:39:17
	I just got through installing 1.0 on a machine at work, and wanted
	to SUP right up to -current.  I grabbed SUP from the binary dir on
	ftp.netbsd.org (pub/sup/binary, or something).  When I run SUP, I
	get a "Can't find my host entry" message and SUP quits (the message
	is given after myhost() returns NULL -- myhost tries to get local
	hostname).

	Re-building SUP worked, but I'm sending this out to find out why
	this happened... I've never seen this on my home machine (tracking
	-current since 0.9A and using the same SUP binary), or the other
	boxes I've installed at work/for friends/etc - most of those were
	1.0_BETA boxes.

	Hostname seems to find my name OK, and ping et al. can resolve my
	address (the box is not yet DNS registered, it's still using the
	hosts file for its' name).  COuld this be caused by changes in the
	resolv.conf file format in the eons since the SUP binary on sun-lamp
	has been build?  Clues appreciated...

						--rafal

PS: Here's my resolv.conf:

domain banyan.com
lookup file, bind
nameserver 131.100.110.1

| In search of the stress-strain relationship governing  |/|       Rafal Boni |
| students of mechanics... Experimentally.               |\|  r-boni@uiuc.edu |