Subject: MODEMs on tty ports
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ernst J. du Toit <ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/15/1994 22:17:40
Hi

I'm currently running NetBSD-1.0 since upgrading form FreeBSD-1.5.1.
When I upgraded I noticed that the tty treatment has changed to be POSIX,
since I was swamped with work at the time I did'nt really worry.

Now that the vac is on hand I want to reactive my ppp link. My question is:
With the carrier nonbehavoir and no cua devices what is the accepted way
to get dial-out working on NetBSD-1.0? I don't really fancy leaving CD
hard strapped on in my MODEM, etc.

I can always spend a joyous few days getting the NetBSD-0.9 patches in - I
guess, but that might just leave me in the cold the next release. :-/

Thanks to all making NetBSD the fine product that it is!
Rdgs
Ernst
--
Ernst J. du Toit (TED5)           Internet: ernstjdt@maxwell.ctech.ac.za
School of Electrical Engineering  BELTEL  : 175250 / Amateur Radio: ZR1ABB