Subject: Help getting ddb to work...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <Todd.Williamson@CS.cmu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/14/1994 22:36:38
Sorry if this is a stupid question that I should have found the answer
to somewhere else.  Pointers to useful documentation appreciated.

I'm running a 486dx266 w/ 16MB RAM and a bunch o' SCSI devices on a
BusTek ISA controller.  Right now, I'm running a version of 1.0 that
is from a couple of weeks before the release (lost FTP access - I plan
to upgrade eventually, but I doubt that that is my problem).

I was trying to compile a kernel with DDB in it.  So I added "options
DDB" to my config file, ran config, cd'd to the compile directory, and
did a "make clean," "make depend," and "make."

The kernel that I get won't load.  It goes through the spinning "/"
(text, data, and bss), and then the machine resets.  When I tried

Just for kicks, I compiled the "BOAT_ANCHOR" config and it does the
same thing.  I also tried using "config.new," but I don't have any
compatible config files - what do I have to do to get config.new
working?

Am I missing something (I must be...)?  What do I need to do to run a
kernel with DDB in it?

Thanks,

-Todd.