Subject: Re: Problems with -current config
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Brian de Alwis <bsdealwi@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/09/1994 19:35:23
>    I'm trying to get a -current i386 kernel up and running (to see if it
>    fixes my previous X11 hangs), but the new config seems to have some
>    problems. The lex lang.l's definition of ID is incorrect - at
>    least, it won't parse most of the numbers in the config files. And
>    even with a fix for that, I'm getting errors accepting `at'-style
>    config syntax.
>
> You should be using config.new(8), not config(8).

Thanks for everybody's help - I now have a compiled kernel. It seems
to work fine until it loads init, and it then reboots. If I try to
boot in single-user mode (giving a -s), I do get a prompt asking me
which shell to load. But it will reboot after that.

Will the old init no longer work?

(I'm trying to upgrade from Aug 25 -current)

Thanks.
--
Brian de Alwis - University of Waterloo: bsdealwis@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca
 "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people | NetBSD - Try it!