Subject: swapping problems
To: None <netbsd-help@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Todd Williamson <toddw@delorean.twics.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/26/1994 20:45:07
Hi all,

For about the last month (since I upgraded to the sources from around
September 15), I've been getting these errors whenever I get my machine
busy enough that it starts to page things out:

Oct 24 07:42:28 delorean /netbsd: aha0: DMA beyond end of ISA
Oct 24 07:42:28 delorean /netbsd: sd0: not queuedswap_pager_clean: clean
of page 1020000 failed

I get *lots* of these errors.  When it's time for those pages to get
swapped in, the programs dump core.  Of course, this makes my system
pretty much unusable.

My machine is a 486/66 with a BT542 controller with 3 hard disks and a
CD-ROM attached (and only 16M of RAM!  Nothing outside the ISA range.).

I started to have this problem after recompiling the kernel from sources
I got in mid-september.  Since then, I upgraded my kernel source (to the
October 18th versions) , but still
get the same errors.

BTW, in NetBSD-0.9, both the BT and AHA drivers worked great with my
controller, but now with the -bt kernel I get random lock-ups (the
entire machine hangs whenever the load gets heavy), and the AHA kernel
gives me these errors.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?  Anyone else have similar
hardware that works?

Thanks,

Todd Williamson