Subject: Difference between StaticColor and PseudoColor in XFree86-3.1...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mark 'GIANT-SIZED!!' Tamola <buckwild@u.washington.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/17/1994 23:51:27
Dear fellow NetBSD'ers,

Well, I guess the lack of response to my redrawing problem for my windows
either means that you guys don't care, are too busy to help me, don't
know what the hell I'm talking about, or just plain don't know.  Whatever
the reason, I looked hard into every single man page, FAQ, newsgroup
question, mailing archives, and even tried to mail xfree86@xfree86.org
(which they didn't answer of course), but still didn't find the real
solution.

Anyway, doing some experimenting, I found that setting the option 'visual
"StaticColor"' in the XF86Config file fixed the problem.  Aside from a
few color changes I've seen, what is the real difference between
StaticColor and PseudoColor??

--Mark Steven de Sagun Tamola
--buckwild@u.washington.edu