Subject: Please help me. How to get file systems (*.fs)
To: None <netbsd-help@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Byaporn Na-nagara <fahsbnn@chulkn.chula.ac.th>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/14/1994 17:42:05
Hello, I have some problem. I tried to ftp NetBSD from many sites ie.
ftp.iastate.edu  ftp.wonderland.org  ftp.uu.net  etc.  I can download
files ie. bin.tar.gz  *.tar.gz  and netbsd-aha netbsd-bt. I tried to use
rawrite3 to write file netbsd-bt or netbsd-aha (each file for one
floppydisk) but it cannot boot (it hangup). I don't know how to use them
so I tried to find some help documents from many ftp sites but I still
cannot do anything.  I get "install" document for NetBSD/i386 0.9, this
document told me about file systems ie. kc-ahbbt.fs kc-aha.fs (use for
boot and configuration the system) and two file systems inst1-09.fs
inst2-09.fs.  I tried to find them for a few weeks but I can't.  I'm not
sure it is the same version or not(netbsd-bt  --  kc-ahbbt.fs).  I cannot
find files *.fs from all host that I connect. And I found BSDFAQ it told
me to use kerncopy.fs  base0-9.fs fred.fs genericaha.fs
boot-me-first.fs.  Now I don't know which files is necessary but I still
can't find files *.fs
Please recommend the best way for me. I want a newest version of NetBSD
(Whare I can ftp from and what files that I must use for install).
I found a lot of files name Makefile, I don't know how to use it
(is it for compile, if yes I must compile on what computer and on unix or
dos. Please introduce me how to get all necessary files and how to
install.  Thank you very much.
(I cannot ftp from sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu (128.32.240.164)  I use ftp
128.32.240.164 but I cannot connect to this host.)