Subject: Problem setting up SLIP
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <klee@rdcclink.rd.qms.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/03/1994 11:46:01
     Hi!

     I grabbed a script to setup the SLIP connection from a nice person who
     made it available to everybody a while back.  I finally got the kermit
     to work, and was setting up SLIP connection with the script, but I ran
     into a problem.  I don't know whether it is the problem with
     /dev/tty01 or kermit, but when I tried "set line /dev/tty01", the
     kermit never returns from setting the line.  I had to press "^C" to
     get my prompt back.  When I typed in manually, I had the same problem
     with setting the line.  After I pressed "^C", and typed in rest of
     them, I was able to setup the SLIP link.  Could this be problem with
     /dev/tty01? or could it be kermit problem?  I would like to use the
     script that sets up the SLIP link automatically.

     Also, has anybody gotten "term" to work on NetBSD?  I have compiled
     it, but did not work.  Do I need any patches???

     Any help would be greatly appreciated.

     Thanks

     Kang