Subject: mounting DOS-formated floppy disk
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <bmilliga@NMSU.Edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/22/1994 22:12:08
I am having trouble mounting a DOS floppy with NetBSD 0.9.  I presume
the command

	mount -t msdos /dev/fd0a /mnt

should work but I get IO errors in response.  If I run fdisk I get the
following

	fdisk:  Can't get disk parameters on /dev/fd0a

What am I doing wrong.  Do I need to rewrite the boot sector of the
disk?  If so, how do I do that?  I was able to use disklabel to get a
new label, but it only has one partition.  I imagine I need to get a
DOS partition and a NetBSD partion, though?

Finally, I tried to find a current copy of pfdisk, but could only find
a 1992 version.  Does anyone have a pointer (or a copy) to a recent
copy?

Thanks.

Brook Milligan	                   bmilliga@nmsu.edu
Department of Biology              505-646-7980
New Mexico State University        505-646-5665 FAX
Las Cruces, New Mexico  88003