Subject: Re: voxware or at least gravis ultrasound drivers for NetBSD/386?
To: None <netbsd-questions@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/15/1994 17:21:20

>   I'd like to get in contact with anyone who may have done some work on
>   getting NetBSD/386 running with an audio driver and card that works well
>   in VAT.
>
>I believe Ken Hornstein is working on moving his Ultrasound driver to
>the generic audio interface, which should make it work with vat.
>
>He's on this list, so perhaps he can comment more.  (HI KEN!)

I had already sent Paul private mail telling him the exact same thing :-)

Yes, I'm working on it; hope to have something in a few weeks.  If people are
interested in talking more about audio on i386, you should subscribe to
the port-i386 list; a bunch of people are interested in this.

It's my understanding that the VAT binary was designed to interface with the
bsd_audio driver; since that's our base, I'm hoping there won't be any problems
in getting it working.

--Ken