Subject: Re: bin/466: i386 disklabel STILL clobbers DOS part. table!
To: Volker A. Brandt <volker@sfb256.iam.uni-bonn.de>
From: Rafal Boni <rkb55989@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/12/1994 14:10:19
In message <199409120840.KAA14008@sfb256.iam.uni-bonn.de>, you write:

-> > >Synopsis:       i386 disklabel STILL clobbers DOS part table if exists!

[...]

-> This has been driving me mad for several months at least.  Everyone I asked
-> for help told me that after the latest "redundant seek" patch, disklabel
-> works perfectly, and that [more or less] I was just too stupid to use it
-> correctly.

	I clobbered my MBR about 20 times in the process of updating my boot-
	blocks to the newest ones and re-labeling my drives so I could mount
	the MSDOS partitions from BSD.  After a while I was convinced it had
	to be disklabel's fault, not mine... So I went digging through the
	source...

	I'm just praying someone picks this up before the 1.0 release...

-> Relieved -- Volker

|"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit   |              Rafal Boni |
| 15% of the earth, which is 100% more than they |         r-boni@uiuc.edu |
| have now..." -Cartoon caption in New Yorker    | My opinions, not UIUC's |