Subject: Compiling X for NetBSD 1.0_beta
To: None <netbsd-help@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/12/1994 20:04:16
Can anyone help me compile X for NetBSD-1.0?  I have the sources for X
which compiled OK under NetBSD 0.9, I fetched the XFree86-2.1.1 link
kit but that did not seem to help much.  At the moment when I do a
"make World" I get a Makefile with a dud syntax.  It looks like sh is
stuffing up on the x386config.sh.  Can anyone help me out?  I know I
can fetch the binaries but my ftp link to the rest of the world is
slow and tenuous.  Believe me when I say waiting all night for a
compile is *much* easier than dealing with ftp at my site :-(

"Aha!  Pronoun problems.  It's not `shoot you, shoot you', it's `shoot me,
 shoot me'.  So, go ahead, shoot ME, shoot ME <BLAM>... You're Despicable"
                        -- Daffy Duck