Subject: Re: bin/466: i386 disklabel STILL clobbers DOS part. table!
To: None <rafal@rafal.slip.uiuc.edu>
From: Volker A. Brandt <volker@sfb256.iam.uni-bonn.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/12/1994 09:40:51
> >Synopsis:       i386 disklabel STILL clobbers DOS part table if exists!
>
> 	The disklabel program had a hardcoded reference to the c partition
> 	as the raw partition in one of the #if i386 blocks.  As a result, the
> 	sanity checks that followed would almost always fail... and the only
> 	way to then do the labeling would be to trash the DOS MBR.

Aaaah!  Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

This has been driving me mad for several months at least.  Everyone I asked for
help told me that after the latest "redundant seek" patch, disklabel works
perfectly, and that [more or less] I was just too stupid to use it correctly.

Relieved -- Volker

Deutschland im Herbst: Birne ist reif                  Volker A. Brandt
Internet: volker@sfb256.iam.uni-bonn.de                Angewandte Mathematik
Phone/FAX: +49 228 63 36 84                            (Bonn, Germany)