Re: sysinst in pt_BR

Hi Martin,

thank you for your detailed reply.
About the Portuguese, yes, I can provide something more generic. There are some differences between pt and pt_BR but they are not so different for someone who speaks Portuguese.
Based on that, I'll start my first hack on NetBSD.

Thank you!

Em ter., 23 de jul. de 2024 às 07:39, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> escreveu:
On Sun, Jul 21, 2024 at 09:38:07AM -0300, Daniel Cunha wrote:
> Let me know if you think it interesting, if yes, I would like to start an
> adventure on it.

Sysinst is one of the places in our source tree where translations are
always welcome, as it helps new users trying NetBSD for the first time.

The process is a bit tricky due to the strange "message" format,
but you can probably find your way through it. Basically it is
free flowing text but hard line breaks are encoded as a space right
before the end of a line (in C notation: " \n").

You can look at the english messages and other already existing translations
e.g. on github:

        https://github.com/NetBSD/src/tree/trunk/usr.sbin/sysinst

and this are the non-empty english files below that tree:

./arch/acorn32/msg.md.en
./arch/alpha/msg.md.en
./arch/amiga/msg.md.en
./arch/arc/msg.md.en
./arch/atari/msg.md.en
./arch/bebox/msg.md.en
./arch/cats/msg.md.en
./arch/cobalt/msg.md.en
./arch/dummy/msg.md.en
./arch/emips/msg.md.en
./arch/evbarm/msg.md.en
./arch/evbmips/msg.md.en
./arch/evbppc/msg.md.en
./arch/evbsh3/msg.md.en
./arch/ews4800mips/msg.md.en
./arch/hp300/msg.md.en
./arch/hpcarm/msg.md.en
./arch/hpcmips/msg.md.en
./arch/hpcsh/msg.md.en
./arch/hppa/msg.md.en
./arch/i386/msg.md.en
./arch/landisk/msg.md.en
./arch/luna68k/msg.md.en
./arch/mac68k/msg.md.en
./arch/macppc/msg.md.en
./arch/mipsco/msg.md.en
./arch/mvme68k/msg.md.en
./arch/news68k/msg.md.en
./arch/newsmips/msg.md.en
./arch/ofppc/msg.md.en
./arch/playstation2/msg.md.en
./arch/pmax/msg.md.en
./arch/prep/msg.md.en
./arch/sandpoint/msg.md.en
./arch/sgimips/msg.md.en
./arch/shark/msg.md.en
./arch/sparc/msg.md.en
./arch/sparc64/msg.md.en
./arch/vax/msg.md.en
./arch/x68k/msg.md.en
./arch/zaurus/msg.md.en
./arch/virt68k/msg.md.en
./msg.entropy.en
./msg.mbr.en
./msg.mi.en
./msg.pm.en

Can you try do do generic portugese versions instead of brazilian portugese?
In computer technical context, are there many differences?

You could download the above listed files and translate them to files names
with .pt suffix.

Martin