Suggestion

Hello,

   The chapter on updating a system from sources
(http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-updating.html), under section
33.1, is a good reference even if one has done the procedure a few
times, but I think it should mention upgrading the bootcode as well
(sometimes it does change to introduce new features).

   After installing the new kernel, but before rebooting, I would like
to see something along the line of:

   ``If the bootloader has been updated to introduce new features it
needs to be updated as well. Copy the latest bootcode to the root and
run installboot(8) to install the latest boot blocks. (Note that the
boot blocks are filesystem dependent; use dumpfs(8) to determine
filesystem type if you have forgot what filesystem is used for the root
partition)

   # cp /usr/obj/.../boot /boot
   # installboot ...''

   Out of curiosity; where is the source for The Guide stored?  I
thought I'd submit a patch, but I couldn't figure out where I would do
the edit.

   I'm not subscribed to this list, please CC any replies.

--
Kind Regards,
Jan