Re: style(9)?

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 08:01:48PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 08:30:42AM +0200, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
>  > All other BSDs have a manual page for KNF. But NetBSD has only
>  > '/usr/share/misc/style'. Does NetBSD want a style(9)? I am willing to do
> the
>  > work.
>
> ISTM that getting the roff formatting to be exactly right is probably
> not worth the (likely substantial) trouble, and then it'd have to be
> maintained too. Maybe a stub page that points to the text file would
> be an adequate compromise?

Personally, I'd prefer to have a style(9) man page at hand. I think
the corresponding man pages from FreeBSD and OpenBSD are much more
comfortable to read than our current /usr/share/misc/style. So, if
Jukka is willing to do the work, I'd be all for it.

- Daniel

--
Daniel Sieger
Computer Graphics & Geometry Processing Group