Subject: Re: guide.diff
To: Mark Weinem <>
From: Adam Hamsik <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/21/2007 02:09:45

On Jul 20, 2007, at 6:26 PM, Mark Weinem wrote:

> Hi Adam,
> Thank you very much for your help with the NetBSD Guide!
> I think your patch is okay, but the new chapter "chap-inst-media"
> is missing. Did you add it to the guide/en/CVS/Entries file?
> And ran "cvs diff -u -N ...."? But you can also send the .xml file
> directly to me.
I have updated my patch so now there are all files. NetBSD guide also
builds for me correctly. There is one empty subchapter in my patch in
chap-net-misc with id chap-net-misc-sync-systemclock-server I don't
have  enough information about setting ntpd server to write it. but
if we add chapter about client we should add chapter about server
also :).

> New chapters need also to be added to the "chapters.ent" file.
I have added it.
> With best regards, Mark

I will go to the weekend vacation tomorrow, there I want to write
some missing parts of our guide mostly filesystem, disk device part(I
hope that I will completely nuke misc chapter with this chapter).

I want to include these subchapters in filesystem chapter:

realfs -> lfs, ffsv1,ffsv2, ext2 etc.
puffs/FUSE filesystems
pseudo filesys -> kernfs, procfs, nullfs etc.

in disk devce chapter I want to add these chapters

netbsd partitions (include disklabel and wedges/gpt)
setup booting from partition.

What do you think about these chapters ?r

Adam Hamsik
icq: 249727910

Proud NetBSD user.

We program to have fun.
Even when we program for money, we want to have fun as well.
~ Yukihiro Matsumoto

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (Darwin)