Subject: Re: RFC: Changes to "NetBSD Gallery" website (was: Changes to
To: =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Przemys=B3aw_Pawe=B3czyk?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/08/2007 16:03:31

---1756158181-1417096302-1178633011=:27207

On Tue, 8 May 2007, Przemys=B3aw Pawe=B3czyk wrote:
> I didn't write it to be nasty, I was rather sad.

OK

> One way to improve WWW is to change the WWW in small fastidious steps
> which will change a little and lose overall picture.
>
> The other mode is to make bigger changes starting with a core design. I
> don't want to play with trifle changes. It would use my whole time
> available to NetBSD.
>
> It is not my next war with you but another attempt to convince
> you for changes. Why not start to change WWW with Gallery part? Mark
> Weinem is doing marvellous job but within the old framework. So he
> faces from time to time walls and asks how to dodge them. With your
> consent. He stops where he shouldn't.
>
> You have all HTML pages in XML form. Look at them as Lego bricks. Use
> them to attach according to new WWW framework. You'll get new
> functional design. What's more, if you once make a script which would
> do it for you, you'll get mighty tool for future page shuffling.
>
> I resort to other technique. I did create NetBSD WWW Wrapper. Your HTML
> pages are modules I can move here and there making only small
> adjustments in templates. Then I run Rexx scripts and got what I wanted.

I agree that a revolutionary approach may be better than an evolutionary=20
approach. But it's also a lot more work, which seems to be the problem.

As for Mark running into walls, I guess that can be made easier in the=20
medium timeframe at least, if there are too many patches for me to commit.=
=20
8-)

  - Hubert
---1756158181-1417096302-1178633011=:27207--