Subject: Re: RFC: Changes to "NetBSD Gallery" website (was: Changes to
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Przemys=B3aw_Pawe=B3czyk?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/08/2007 08:52:30
--Signature=_Tue__8_May_2007_08_52_30_-0500_68tVpUFb+p63n+CQ

On Tue, 8 May 2007 14:54:34 +0200 (CEST)
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:

> You're welcome to join in in a constructive way.
> If you have patches, let me know.

I didn't write it to be nasty, I was rather sad.
One way to improve WWW is to change the WWW in small fastidious steps
which will change a little and lose overall picture.

The other mode is to make bigger changes starting with a core design. I
don't want to play with trifle changes. It would use my whole time
available to NetBSD.

It is not my next war with you but another attempt to convince
you for changes. Why not start to change WWW with Gallery part? Mark
Weinem is doing marvellous job but within the old framework. So he
faces from time to time walls and asks how to dodge them. With your
consent. He stops where he shouldn't.

You have all HTML pages in XML form. Look at them as Lego bricks. Use
them to attach according to new WWW framework. You'll get new
functional design. What's more, if you once make a script which would
do it for you, you'll get mighty tool for future page shuffling.

I resort to other technique. I did create NetBSD WWW Wrapper. Your HTML
pages are modules I can move here and there making only small
adjustments in templates. Then I run Rexx scripts and got what I wanted.

Kind regards,
--
Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2@o2.pl>
P2O2's WWW: http://pp.kv.net.pl (The LearN@BSD Project)