Subject: Re: NetBSD WWW Wrapper
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/22/2007 12:03:39
Mark Weinem wrote:
> > Here's a quick hack for the first page only - with Mozilla browsers it
> > should have some rounded corners at the color transitions:
> > http://beranger.org/mockups/netbsd/
>
> wow, if that's the look of the century - then i want to live in
> another ;-)
>
> I prefer Przemysaw's colour theme, as it is clearer.

Seconded.  I think it's misleading to use white & gray for two kinds of
separation.  For instance, on R-C's page, "Languages", "The NetBSD
Project", "Get NetBSD", and "Know NetBSD" should IMO all have the same
background color because they're part of the same section of that page.
If they're going to alternate, the scheme should segregate that section
from the center section.  As it is, "Know NetBSD" and "XEN New in NetBSD
3" seem to have something in common because of their shared background
color.

Put simply, I think it's a good principle to distinguish vertical from
horizontal separation.  Przemysaw's page employs that principle to good
effect.

No harm done giving the website a facelift.  It's a worthwhile effort.

--jkl