Subject: Re: Packages with whitespaces in filenames
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/16/2007 23:46:59
On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:44:38 +0200, Dieter Baron
<dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> In article <op.tqtzqd1ijy4pj2@taris> Loic wrote:
> : I'm currently working on a package which have whitespaces in the
> filenames.
> : I tried to add backslashes (like it is done in sysutils/xraidadmin) to
> my
> : $(WRKSRC) variable but it didn't work.
>
> : Therefore all the cd to build or install the package fails.
> : Also, pkglint throws a warning for mine and the xraidadmin package.
>
> : Any hint as to how I can handle spaces in the $(WRKSRC) path?

Thank you dillo, it works great.

***

Hello netbsd-docs, could someone add a section to chapter 18 of pkgsrc
guide
to explain how to deal with packages which have whitespaces in their
filenames?

Explanations could go like this:

  ** Handling packages with filenames in the WRKSRC path **

If a package contains files with whitespaces in the path, you must
move the files in the post-extract phase to remove the whitespaces.
If you don't, pkgsrc won't be able to cd to the WRKSRC directory
to compile the package. Here is an example:

   WRKSRC=${WRKDIR}/path_without_spaces

   post-extract:
  	mv ${WRKDIR:Q}/"path with spaces" ${WRKDIR:Q}/path_without_spaces

Regards,

--
Loïc Hoguin
Dev:Extend