Subject: Re: how to override &release.latest; ?
To: None <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/08/2007 23:03:49
----Security_Multipart(Sun_Apr__8_23_03_49_2007_161)--

Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote
  in <Pine.LNX.4.64.0704081524510.9004@m2s05.vlinux.de>:

hu> On Sun, 8 Apr 2007, Hiroki Sato wrote:
hu> > I think something like the attached patch is needed.  You can think the
hu> > scope and linkage of an entity reference (&foo;) is "static" storage
hu> > class in C language.  The &foo; defined in an XML file, it can be used
hu> > in the same XML file, but not in the XSL stylesheet.  So, redefining
hu> > &release.latest; in the XML file does not affect the templates for
hu> > <portinfo> in the XSL stylesheet.
hu>
hu> Sounds good... will this default to set currel=&release.latest; if it's
hu> not given explicitly? (We don't want to hardcode the release number on all
hu> ports pages)

 Ah, the patch in the previous mail does not set the default value,
 but it is possible and sounds reasonable.  I committed a revised
 patch to do so to portpage.xsl just now.