Subject: Re: Converted kgdb.list to kgdb.xml and some questions
To: None <dsieger@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: Daniel de Kok <danieldk@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/03/2007 21:00:19
On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 07:57:50PM +0200, dsieger@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de wrote:
> I converted htdocs/Documentation/kernel/kgdb.list to DocBook/XML
> today. The resulting .xml file as well as a small patch to actually
> build it is attached.

Cool, thanks! I have just committed the DocBook/XML file, and regenerated
the page. It should appear online within the hour.

> [1] notes there is a list2xml script that can be used for converting
> .list files to XML. Unfortunately, the htutils repository seems not to
> accessible for the average user. So, would it be possible to include
> this script in htdocs rather than htutils? htutils/templates seems to
> be another reasonable candidate for being accessible for everyone.

I agree that we should put up at least the list2xml script, since there
are still a lot of list files that could use conversion. I am fine with
the templates too, but there is not really much interesting there
(only a short page and portpage example).

I'll pass this to the rest of the WWW team to discuss where to put it
(we'd like to avoid maintaining the same tool at several places).

> Furthermore, do we have some scripts/tools do indent newly
> created/converted XML files properly?

tidy can help a bit there, when forced to treat files as XML files rather
than HTML files. xmllint also has a '--format' option to do this.

-- Daniel