Subject: Re: why XML?
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org, netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Daniel de Kok <daniel.de.kok@orange.nl>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/02/2007 23:30:48
Mark Weinem wrote:
> Why become set on output if already the *input* doesn't work? I don't
> know if the contributions to the documentation really have decreased.

While this is not really relevant to NetBSD documentation, since we
have a huge body of XML material, I have decided to use Yodl[1] for my
own personal stuff from now on. It feels kind of LaTeX-ish, but is not
tied to printed output. It allows for easy definition of new macros.
Existing macro's are sensible,a nd it has been around for very long,
I am not sure why I ever missed it ;). At the moment there's only a
very version in pkgsrc. I'd grab a new version to get a good impression.

-- Daniel

[1] http://yodl.sourceforge.net/