Subject: Re: 7 points user's memo
To: =?UTF-8?B?UHJ6ZW15c8WCYXcgUGF3ZcWCY3p5aw==?= <pp@kv.net.pl>
From: Mark Weinem <mark.weinem@alumni.uni-due.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/02/2007 16:10:05
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Przemysaw Paweczyk wrote:

> 1) wrong WWW layout

might be - but there is no "right" layout!

> 2) outdated docu-pages

Please list the outdated docs and the updates you need.
We will then help to update them.

> 3) weak cooperation with community

I don't understand this: what is the community? Community of users? The
submitters, developers and maintainers are the users! Any separation
between NetBSD users and doers is IMHO a deception.

> 2) in what field (4 points above) can we succeed soon?

updates, new docs, submitting patches (or at least drafts).

> let me say first that we ended now with no changes.

What did you expect after only a few days of discussion?

> A few days ago Jeremy C. Reed created new page in Wiki. Sporadic, ad
> hoc activity tailored to suddenly emerging circumstations aka needs.

Please, if you want a change to the wiki page discuss it with Jeremy. Or
get in conact with Zafer if you want general wiki changes. Every wiki
page has also  a "discussion" page.

> I can create new WWW with NetBSD contents ina few days. It's no problem
> as I designed and created numerous WWWs (back from OS/2 Warp times).
> But what for? For personal glory?

No, for the users of NetBSD! So please go for it and setup the "NetBSD
Community Documentation Project". Don't wait for elections, voting
results, "visions" or orders from official parties. Helpful ressources
like the Wiki, the "NetBSD News Beat" or "The NetBSD CVS Digest" would
not exist if their creators have waited for consent, votes or
directives.

 	http://www.onetbsd.org (News Beat)
 	http://digest.coris.org.uk (CVS Digest)

> 1) "WWW Team" and "Wiki Team" will be "formally" elected (with
> common sense on mind of course :-) ) with __member names available to
> all__.
>
> 2) WWW Team and Wiki Team will declare mutual help signed on highest
> levels. :-)

Sorry, but please stop being silly!

> 4) All hostilities between WWW and Wiki will stop immediately.

There are no hostilities!

> Links to Wiki will be placed on official WWW were needed or suggested
> by Wiki Team (__as users know better what they want to see on NetBSD
> WWW__).

netbsd.org has already to many (and to nested) links and maybe also to
many pages. So what comes next, all the links to news sites, digests,
IRC channels, wikipedia articles and web forums?

Kind regards, Mark

--
Mark Weinem
Jabber: weinem@jabber.cz