Subject: Re: NetBSD Documentation Framework - how to do it
To: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 12/15/2006 20:19:33
FYI,
there's a discussion "How Do You Handle Your Enterprise Documentation?"
on Slashdot:

"I'm curious as to what tools Slashdot readers use to inventory and
document their networks? What got me thinking about this is the part
VMWare has been taking in data centers. You've got your SAN, various
physical and logical networks, various VMs, and so forth. It just adds a
new layer of complexity in terms of documentation. I'm curious as to what
people have been using as for doing things like documenting how their
backups work, LAN settings, FW settings, where and what runs what
services, and so forth. How do you blueprint your entire IT infrastructure
so that someone brand new could start and figure out what does what?"

=> http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/12/15/0220210

  - Hubert