Subject: Re: Variable 'port' has not been declared.
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 12/07/2006 14:22:02
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:

> Since a few days ago, I'm getting the error below when rebuilding any of
> the htdocs/Ports/*/index.html pages:
>
> 	% make index.html
> 	[xsltproc] index.xml -> index.html
> 	runtime error: file file:///usr/cvs/htdocs/share/xsl/portpage.xsl
> 	line 40
> 	element value-of
> 	Variable 'port' has not been declared.
> 	xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed
> 	runtime error: file file:///usr/cvs/htdocs/share/xsl/portpage.xsl
> 	line 40
> 	element value-of
> 	XPath evaluation returned no result.
> 	*** Error code 10
>
> I don't remember changing any of the installed packages, and htdocs has no
> local changes.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?

I've found answer in the XSLT REC: It is not an error to pass a
parameter x to a template that does not have an xsl:param element
for x; the parameter is simply ignored. Hence the "Variable 'port'
has not been declared" message. Looks like a fixed bug in xsltproc.

I've update portpage.xsl, could you check it again, please?

--
Mishka.