Subject: Re: Spanish translation
To: Roland Illig <rillig@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 08/03/2006 11:12:06
On 8/3/06, Roland Illig <rillig@netbsd.org> wrote:
> Adriel Cardenas G. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been suscribed to the doc-es list, but there's no movement over there.
> >
> > Is there anyone in charge of the transaltion to spanish of the NetBSD
> > Guide and the web site???

Theorically that is me, but I haven't translated a single page for a
very long time :-/

> No. If you want to translate a page, feel free to do so. I think it is
> _very_ unlikely to conflict with someone else's work.

What Roland said.  Feel free to propose what you want to translate in
this list and if you do not get an answer in, say, a couple of days,
assume no one is working on it.

> > Besides that, does anyone knows why there isn't a direct link to the
> > spanish site from the main www.netbsd.org???
>
> That's because no one felt responsible for updating the "languages"
> links. I'll do that now.

In fact it is because the Spanish translation is not "complete enough"
(some missing pages in Goals and Misc).  Or at least that is what I
was told a long time ago...

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/