Subject: Re: Fix for docbook-simple
To: None <>
From: Hiroki Sato <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/18/2006 01:55:25

"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <> wrote
  in <>:

jm> On 4/17/06, Min Sik Kim <> wrote:
jm> > On Apr 17, 2006, at 7:32 AM, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
jm> > > [...]
jm> > >
jm> > > Change the docbook-simple package so that it gets installed as
jm> > > share/xml/docbook/simple/1.1.  This way, the rewriteSystem entry works
jm> > > fine and we mimic the layout given by the URLs.  (I have implemented
jm> > > this currently.)
jm> > >
jm> > > Refix the docbook-xml package so that the rewriteSystem entry is more
jm> > > specific.  Instead of saying that the prefix is just
jm> > >, I'd change it to be
jm> > ><version>.  This way it wouldn't
jm> > > affect other packages.
jm> > >
jm> > > Or we can do both so that we have the same directory layout as the
jm> > > URLs and we avoid rewrite collisions.
jm> > >
jm> > > Any comments?  I think I prefer the latter solution.
jm> >
jm> > I also prefer the latter.  That being said, whichever solution we
jm> > choose, it would be better to change the docbook-simple directory to
jm> > follow the DTD URL directory structure.
jm> BTW, with "the latter" I meant applying both changes.
jm> Anyway... after fixing this (adding the appropriate rewrite entries), I removed
jm> the custom catalog.xml file that lives in docbook-simple/files and everything
jm> seems to work fine.  I'm not so sure this is correct though; any way to test it
jm> other than building htdocs?

 I agree with your basic idea, but <public> declarations for docbook-simple
 in the and "" as an alias of
 "" are still needed.
 As long as they are kept (by using XML_ENTRIES, a catalog.xml file, or so),
 I think it works fine and there is no problem.

| Hiroki SATO

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (FreeBSD)