Subject: Fix for docbook-simple
To: None <,>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/17/2006 16:32:32

[ Sorry for the crossposting, but this is something that affects both pkgsr=
and htdocs. ]

Some weeks ago I commited the following to the docbook-xml package:

revision 1.27
date: 2006/04/01 14:43:42;  author: jmmv;  state: Exp;  lines: +6 -2
Add appropriate rewriteSystem entries to the catalog so that system-style
queries (URLs) work.  This removes several warnings when, e.g., registering
some documents in the scrollkeeper database.  Bump PKGREVISION to 4.

As noted by adrianp@, this change breaks the build of htdocs, which uses
docbook-simple.  The problem is that both DTDs have the same prefix:

And when these get rewritten, they point to (respectively):

The problem is that docbook-simple is not installed in that directory; it
currently lives under share/xml/docbook-simple.

I see two possible solutions:

Change the docbook-simple package so that it gets installed as
share/xml/docbook/simple/1.1.  This way, the rewriteSystem entry works
fine and we mimic the layout given by the URLs.  (I have implemented
this currently.)

Refix the docbook-xml package so that the rewriteSystem entry is more
specific.  Instead of saying that the prefix is just, I'd change it to be<version>.  This way it wouldn't
affect other packages.

Or we can do both so that we have the same directory layout as the
URLs and we avoid rewrite collisions.

Any comments?  I think I prefer the latter solution.

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The Julipedia -