Subject: Re: NetBSD Guide in Base System
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: James Boothe <kernelpanicked@bsdnut.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 03/10/2006 08:06:21
On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 01:34:29PM +0000, Rui Paulo wrote:
> Brian Asemi <asemisldkfj@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > This e-mail is continued from here:
> >
> > http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=33035
> >
> > --- This is the full text of the e-mail I sent to gnats-bugs: ---
> >
> > I would definitely like to see the entire NetBSD Guide in the base
> > system.
>
> I would want to point out that we can include the txt version of the
> guide easily in the base system and it won't need any browser.
> It's also easy to add the pkgsrc guide to the system this way.
>
> --
>   Rui Paulo			<rpaulo@{NetBSD{,-PT}.org,fnop.net}>

Agreed. I think a text version of the NetBSD Guide as well as the
pkgsrc guide is the way to go. The only reason a text browser was
brought into this initially is because it seemed the majority of what
little documentation that did exist in the base was in HTML.
Regardless, you gotta love the irony of having HTML docs and no HTML
capable reader.

--
James