Subject: proper DOCTYPE and validity
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 03/05/2006 22:27:50
--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

Hi,

Could somebody who knows more about this take a look at these two PRs?

admin/30763 - open critical high priority doc-bug
        www.netbsd.org/Misc/query-pr.html DOCTYPE does not match content
        http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=3D30763

misc/32221 - open critical medium priority sw-bug
        NetBSD's web documentation is not valid HTML
        http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=3D32221

It seems like the first one should be trivial to fix by simply providing
the proper DOCTYPE when generating the html files.  Alas, I do not know
what the right DOCTYPE is.

If we could then get the output from XML to be actually valid HTML, that
would be... well, I was going to say ``nice'', but actually it really
should be a basic requirement.

-Jan

--=20
My other computer also runs NetBSD!