Subject: Re: Contributing to NetBSD documentation.
To: None <,>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 02/10/2006 10:09:33

Martin Husemann <> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 10:26:42AM +0100, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> > I am not quite sure what you mean.
> Well, exactly what you did - post URLs to this list.
> > How do I make it qualified for the official guide?
> The www@ team can tell you details - basically they need xml/docbook sour=
> I'm sure they will assist in any issues when converting from other formats
> (like plain html) too.

Indeed.  I'd suggest you take a look at one of our Documentation pages
(such as htdocs/Documentation/updating.xml) and try to create an XML
file with your contents.  XML is not really all that difficult, so don't
worry about it too much -- the www team will help you fix any errors.

Like Hubert, I think that for now the document would be best used as a
stand-alone document and might be added to the Guide or some other more
comprehensive collection lateron, but we're definitely interested in
keeping it on the website.

> Thanks a lot for writing and offering this documents!

--=20 -
         Multiarchitecture OS, no hype required.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (NetBSD)