Subject: Re: simplifying htdocs build procedure (long term)
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Habel <uhabel@hexley.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 02/01/2006 20:23:30
--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

> > Btw. - having X11 libs installed is just a few megabytes more - that
> > can't be a big issue. Cleaning up old documentation and old list files
> > and some eps-things might save more harddrive space.
>=20
> The problem is not disk space. For a number of reasons (including
> security) you should not have X11 installed where you won't need it.

A buildhost might have the X11 libs installed in order to build things
which have dependencies on X.

Is there any sense why nbwww has to build the docs? I thought a
webserver has to deliver docs - not to build them. That was the reason
why I suggested to run the make process on a different host and use
rsync for distributing the docs.

btw - xml2pdf conversion takes huge amounts of memory (with the
toolchain I use here at work), if nbwww has already a load problem it
won't make to much sense to put more stuff on it. The pdf docs are
nothing which is on the needed list, it would be nice, however.

Uli

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb--