Subject: Re: File systems documentation
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 01/27/2006 20:04:39
El 27/01/2006, a las 19:32, Jeremy C. Reed escribi=F3:

> I was just thinking about this minutes before I read your email. Good
> timing! (I was looking at sys/conf/files and see that it appears to be
> different from FreeBSD.)
>
> I think the "Design and internals of NetBSD" should be a separate =20
> document
> as I can see it will grow and is targeted to a different audience than
> NetBSD users.
>
> Yes, please commit to htdocs.

The question is where...  I've now adapted it to be an independent
guide and uploaded it at the same place:

	http://www.NetBSD.org/~jmmv/guide/

I have the sources in htdocs/internals/en.  I hope this is OK,
but will wait until some htdocs person confirms it.

> [...]
> And maybe some sections from SMM "Building 4.4BSD Kernels with =20
> Config" are
> still relevant and can be used for ideas or beginnings or at least =20
> section
> headers.

Indeed.  We should try to merge as much documentation as possible.

*BUT* being careful.  This book should not end up being a collection
of howtos that were once written outside it.  Integrating a document
(almost) surely means rewriting part of it to fit into the existing
documentation (with correct references where appropriate, correct
narrative flow, etc.).

Cheers,

--=20
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>