Subject: Re: New NetBSD developer's guide [was Re: File systems
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 01/27/2006 17:40:49
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:21:59 +0000
"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmmv@NetBSD.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 04:08:04PM +0200, Mike M. Volokhov wrote:
[snip]
> > I wish to create yet another section on NetBSD website to store this
> > book separately from the Guide. It's should not be in htdocs/developers,
> > because it's not only TNF developer's documentation (rather doc for
> > NetBSD development). And it is, of course, far beyound user guide.
>
> What about htdocs/Documentation/internals?  (It all depends on the name
> chosen.)

Well, my thought was htdocs/internals-book  :-)

> Once we decide on a name for the directory, I'll split the chapters from
> the guide and make them independent.

This is why I'm initiating this discussion.

> But we ought to listen for more
> opinions first.

So folks, don't hesitate posting your opinions here!

> > Variants for the reference:
> >
> > 1. NetBSD Internals
> > 2. NetBSD Design & Implementation
> > 3. NetBSD Developer's Handbook
> > 4. NetBSD System Programming
> > 5. Understanding NetBSD
> > 6. your variant
>
> I think I prefer 1 too, as Masao has stated.

Me too.

> PS: Why is the Guide in htdocs/guide and not htdocs/Documentation/guide?

IMHO it was imported here because there are were en and it languages at
least. And website already have had it's own language infrastructure.
Thus, to avoid granulation side effects it has been imported as all in
one. But dent@ is a right person to ask.

--
Mishka.