Subject: Re: "nits" in the INSTALL document
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/22/2005 01:21:08
At Topic
>NetBSD/i386 System Requirements and Supported Devices
>
>NetBSD3.0_RC1 runs on ISA (AT-Bus), EISA, MCA, PCI, and VL-bus systems
>with 386-family processors, with or without math coprocessors. The >minimal
configuration is said to require 4 MB of RAM and 50 MB of disk >space...
Maybe it should made clear that booting with 4 MB only counts for the TINY
Kernel or equivalent stripped down Kernels and not in GENERAL and that you
need at least 16 MB of RAM to boot the Installation Media (12 MB panics), in
order to install TINY. My Point is, that the Document looks like it will
work with 4 MB in general, but it won't, without a proper preparation.

At the Portmasters List, the first entry is just a Link saying Ta.

@pavel: the Menu looks like Version 1.5 but saying 2.0

z++.