Subject: Re: What are the .keep_me files for?
To: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 10/16/2005 00:21:45
--NzX0AQGjRQPusK/O

On 2005.10.15 21:55:47 +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
| I have found some files called .keep_me in htdocs/. Their contents=20
| explains that they prevent CVS from purging that directory. That's fine,=
=20
| as it explains what they do. But the more important question is: _why_=20
| do they need to keep those directories alive? Can someone who remembers=
=20
| the reason (it had been in September 2000) please add the reason to=20
| those files? Or, if there is no reason, remove them?
|=20
| "cvs log" provides no additional information, too.

I wasn't around at the time but, my guess is that someone got lazy and
quitted his/her project.

revision 1.1
date: 2000/09/08 07:59:12;  author: dent;  state: Exp;
MovE contents from Library/Hardware/Busses into its soon-to-be
new location at Documentation/Hardware/Busses.  No changes from the old
files.

		-- Rui Paulo

--NzX0AQGjRQPusK/O

--NzX0AQGjRQPusK/O--