Subject: Re: Makefile structure in htdocs
To: Klaus Heinz <>
From: Roland Illig <>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 10/09/2005 15:14:36
Klaus Heinz wrote:
> Roland Illig wrote:
>  [ weirdness ]
> IMO, inclusion of all those files is not necessary at all.
> The last time I looked at this I could not find any useful content for
> apart from pkgsrc/ and pkgsrc/??/

I couldn't find any, too.

> Just set WEB_PREFIX and include the appropriate top-level
> For de/errors/Makefile this would look like:
>   WEB_PREFIX?=    ${.CURDIR}/../..
>   .include "${WEB_PREFIX}/de/"

Couldn't we put the detection of the correct WEB_PREFIX into
share/mk/ That way, we would save one line in every
Makefile. And then, could also test for any on
the way from ${.CURDIR} downto ${WEB_PREFIX}.

It would then be possible to strip out all the .include
"../" lines from the Makefiles. I would put a comment into
htdocs/README.txt, that the <filename></filename>s are
included automatically, to avoid confusion with new developers.