Subject: Re: docs for Xorg and NetBSD?
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 10/06/2005 16:38:24
On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Rui Paulo wrote:

> | Anyone want to write up some quick docs for NetBSD Guide about standard
> | steps for switching to X.org packages?
> |
> | (I am not asking for instructions myself. I was emailed off-list about
> | this.)
>
> What's the difficulty besides 'echo X11_TYPE=xorg >> /etc/mk.conf' ?

I am not asking for instructions myself. I am very familiar with it --
especially since I packaged up XFree86 before was even in pkgsrc. And I
helped packaged XFree86 again and also X.org and also freedesktop.org
xlibs and now X.org modular X.

It has been asked a few times on different mailing lists. The answers and
feedback and ideas are more than just defining X11_TYPE.

  Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/